Teacher Consultants for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing work with our local school districts in providing educational support for those students with a hearing loss:
- Serve qualifying students with hearing loss, birth through age 26.
- Assist students who are deaf or hard of hearing in the classroom and in the home.
- Accommodate the needs of a student with a hearing loss to be successful in the school environment.
- Act as a liaison for administration, teachers, special education providers, Speech Therapists, Occupational Therapists, Physical Therapists, Social Workers and VI Consultants as appropriate.
- Assist with, monitor, and maintain amplification devices.
- Language support for optimum academic success and functional communication.