Documents Needed to Determine Student Eligibility
Your child can not be considered for GSRP Preschool until all documents have been submitted.
If you need help please call us at (269) 539-5214.
STEP 1: GATHER EACH OF THESE DOCUMENTS
Proof of Family Income*
- Submit page 1 only of your 2021 FEDERAL 1040 income tax return. If you don’t have that we need 2020 W-2s or a full month of current paystubs, retirement, and Social Security for all family members
- Copy of child support benefit for any child being counted in the family
- Copy of SSI benefits for any family member receiving them
*Family refers to all persons related by blood, marriage, or adoption, living within a household who are supported by the income of the parent/guardian of the enrolling child. Income is the total cash receipts, before taxes, from all sources from the "family" as defined here.
Proof of Child’s Birthdate
- A copy of child’s birth certificate or other official document.
If you need to get a copy of the birth certificate, contact the clerk’s office in the county of birth. There is no need to spend extra funds for third party help. Call us if you need direction.
Proof of Residency
- Copy of driver’s license or any utility bill verifying current home address. NOTE: if your current address is on your Federal 1040, we will accept that as proof.
STEP 2: SUBMIT THE DOCUMENTS
Documents can be submitted in the following ways:
- Email scanned documents or photos to : email@example.com
- Drop off at your local school (school year only)
- Drop off at VBISD Early Care & Ed. office-701 S. Paw Paw Street, Lawrence (use Arbor Credit Union entrance)
- Mail to: VBISD/GSRP Services, 701 S. Paw Paw Street, Lawrence, MI 49064
STEP 3: NOTIFICATIONS
- Once all documents are received, your information will be reviewed for eligibility. Head Start income-eligible families (at or below 100% FPL) will be sent to them for contact. GSRP eligible children will be added to the list for the VAN BUREN GSRP PRIORITIZATION PROCESS.
- If your child is Not Eligible (age and/or income) you will receive notification via a phone call or email.
- GSRP Eligible children will receive a letter with an offer of pending enrollment** or enrollment once a slot has been awarded. Those placed on wait lists will be notified via phone or email.
**All GSRP program services are subject to final state legislative approval of funding & eligibility.