Parent Coalition

  • Image for Parent Coalition Come discover just how influential you can be in your county. The Great Start Parent Coalition (GSPC) is a place where you can voice your opinions, learn new things and connect with other parents.

    The Parent Coalition is open to all parents in the Van Buren County. We work to help educate, inform and recruit parents in our community to become involved in making our county a great place for young families to live and grow.

    During our monthly meetings, parents share information and give input to improve early childhood. Ultimately, we're all working together to provide a GREAT START for all children.

    If you would like to receive family event information or Great Start Parent Coalition updates via e-mail or join the coalition, please complete this form.
    Visit us on Facebook and Twitter

    VB Great Start Collaborative Logo

    The Parent Coalition has meetings, events, field trips and parent training's offered throughout the year. 

    Lawrence Evening Gatherings-
    GREAT START Parent Coalition 

    Meetings will resume in September!
    Remember:  Dinner and Childcare are always provided.



    South Haven Morning Gatherings- 
    GREAT START Parent Coalition 

    Meetings will resume in September!
    Snacks and Childcare are always provided.

    Upcoming Events

      Kalamazoo Valley Museum
      Thur. July 18, 2019 | 9:30 am-11:00 am
       230 N. Rose St., Kalamazoo
       Planetarium Show "One World, One Sky"
      Cost $3/child, $1/adult, Children under 2, free
      Museum Free
    Schultz Fruitridge Farms
    Thur. Aug. 8, 2019 | 6:00 pm-7:30 pm
    60139 CR 652, Mattawan
    $5/person, children 2 and under, free
    Wagon rides, pint of blueberries or qt of peaches as available.


    Speak Up!
    Is there something you'd like to say to your legislators?

    They can easily be reached. Let them know what you want more of, less of, or what things you support.
     Contact your State Senator
     Contact your State Representative
     Contact your Governor