The Bert Goens Learning Center is committed to providing a school environment that promotes and protect children’s health, well-being, and ability to learn by supporting healthy eating and physical activity.
Therefore, it is the policy of the Bert Goens Learning Center that:
School Wellness Policy
- Students have opportunities to be physically active throughout every school day.
- BGLC shall follow nutrition guidelines that advance student health and reduce childhood obesity and shall promote the general wellness of all students through nutrition education, physical activity, and other school-based activities.
- All students receive quality nutrition education that helps them develop lifelong healthy eating behaviors
- The BGLC wellness team will develop nutritional guidelines and wellness goals with involvement from representatives of the student body, school food service, school administration, the board, parents, and the public.
- To provide students with opportunities for a quality physical education and daily physical activity. To provide these opportunities for each student in order to foster an understanding of the short and long-term benefits of a physically active and healthy lifestyle.
- To provide school-based activities that are designed to promote student and staff wellness.
- Promote a clean, healthy, safe environment conducive to maximizing instructional focus.