VBISD is your Education Destination!
Van Buren Intermediate School District (VBISD) located in Lawrence, Michigan, is at the geographic center of Van Buren County, in the southwest portion of the state. There are 11 school districts within the county, ranging in size from 50 to 300 students per grade level. Average distance from each school district to VBISD is 15 miles.Although Van Buren County is mainly rural and agricultural, it's also scenic and sports numerous lakes, rivers, and woodlands. Covering a geographic area of about 624 square miles, the county has 133 inland lakes, and 13 miles of Lake Michigan shoreline. The total water area within the county (including rivers and streams) is almost 13 square miles.
Area recreational activities and attractions within the county include:
- Lake Michigan (beaches, marinas, parks, camping, and public access facilities
- Van Buren State Park (Lake Michigan access, beaches, camping, hiking, and cross-country skiing)
- Kal-Haven Trail (34-mile hiking/bicycling trail between Kalamazoo and South Haven)
- Timber Ridge Ski Resort
- Numerous lakes, rivers, and streams
- Art galleries
- Various town and village festivals