Van Buren ISD Start Family Links is a free home-based parenting and child education program for families with children prenatal to kindergarten entry. Our curriculum is proven to build school readiness giving children a GREAT START!
This is a service designed for any family in Van Buren with a children not yet in kindergartent. You meet with a trained, family-support professional at a time convenient for you and your family. Family Educators provide new or expecting parents with resources to keep themselves and their children safe, healthy, and nurtured. All educators are certified in Parents as Teachers curriculum and can tailor services based upon each family's needs and schedule.
Services offered include:
- Early child development and parenting support and information
- Personal visits and family group events (GREAT START Book Clubs, concerts, nature day, play groups, etc.)
- Developmental screenings using ASQ-3
- Vision and hearing screens
- Referrals and connections to community services and local schools
To find our more, contact us at (269) 539-5214 or contact us on line or follow us on Facebook at Van Buren ISD Family Links.