Learn Different Welding Techniques!
Do you like:
- Hands-on training with different welding processes?
- Working with large industrial machinery?
- Cutting metal with fire?
- Joining pieces of metal together with electricity?
- Working one-on-one with special customer projects?
- Working with hand tools?
- Bending and manipulating metal?
Joel Schmidt, Instructor
Learn how to safely use the various welding equipment and do strong, professional looking welds. Apply your knowledge of various types of welds in a high-tech welding lab. Work independently while learning precise measurements and angles, and a variety of welding processes including: Gas Metal Arc Welding, Gas Tungsten Arc Welding, Shielded Metal Arc Welding, Flux Core Arc Welding, Resistance Welding, and more!
I like this class...
Being in the Welding class at the Tech Center has been an invigorating and fun experience.
Welding is probably one of the most hands-on working experience that I have encountered so far, and that’s why I love it. I have worked hard in this class working my way up from just a novice welder, to becoming welder of the year. Thank you Mr. Brandel for all your support and help this years. It was much appreciated.
Zachary, Lawton Public Schools
Welding... It's NOT just a guy's program!
It is a great time to try out a non-traditional career while you are in high school. You will find the Tech Center instructors are very supportive of students in exploring ALL of their options!
Rebekah, Decatur High School
With additional training, related careers include:
- Boiler maker
- Construction Worker: plumber, pipe fitter, sheet metal worker, iron worker
- Metal Artist
- Under-water Welder
- Welding Engineer
- Welding Sales and equipment repair technician