Teacher Consultants for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing work with our local school districts in providing educational support for those students with a hearing loss:
- Serve qualifying students with hearing loss, birth through age 26.
- Assist students who are deaf or hard of hearing in the classroom and in the home.
- Accommodate the needs of a student with a hearing loss to be successful in the school environment.
- Act as a liaison for administration, teachers, special education providers, Speech Therapists, Occupational Therapists, Physical Therapists, Social Workers and VI Consultants as appropriate.
- Assist with, monitor, and maintain amplification devices.
- Language support for optimum academic success and functional communication.
The Teacher Consultants for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing work in conjunction with John Stoll, the VBISD Education Audiologist at the VBISD Hearing Clinic, to acquire up to date audiological information regarding a student’s hearing loss.